This course has been designed for the beginner shooter, but can also be used as an in depth refresher for the person that already has some pistol skills.
This course is required to obtain your Connecticut Pistol Permit.
This is an NRA Course. The National Rifle Association (NRA) has been the proven leader in firearms training since 1871. This NRA course teaches the basic knowledge, skills and attitude for owning and operating a pistol safely. This eight-hour course includes both classroom and range time learning to shoot a revolver or semi-automatic pistol.
Students Will Learn:
- NRA’s rules for safe gun handling
- Pistol parts and operation
- Shooting fundamentals
- Range rules
- Shooting from the bench rest position
- Shooting from the two-handed standing position
- Cleaning the pistol
- Continued opportunities for skill development
Students Will Receive:
- The “NRA Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting” handbook
- NRA “Gun Safety” brochure
- Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet;
- Students will take a “Basics of Pistol Shooting” student examination, and will be awarded an NRA course completion certificate upon successful completion.